THE CARE TO CAREGIVER PROGRAM IS ...
FOCUSED ON UNPAID FAMILY CAREGIVERS TO ACTIVELY PROVIDE THE 3-Es: ENGAGEMENT, EDUCATION AND ENCOURAGEMENT.
The Care To Caregiver Mission is to preserve the health and wellbeing of Family Caregivers by providing real support so that they can give the best care to their loved one.
7 Reasons Why We Care for Caregivers
- We want to eliminate anyone saying “If only I had known!” —
We promote the many services and resources available by our community partners. Our goal is to reach every citizen to make sure they know about all that is available to them locally.
- There are many organizations “preying” on the aging population and taking advantage of the their vulnerabilities.
We will vet and qualify organizations who are of integrity and quality.
- There are many internet and national companies targeting unpaid family caregivers. Taking business away from our local organizations within each County. As big business engage our citizens, they fund raise from them as well. Taking donation dollars away from our local community partners.
Our program serves local communities and supports local partners and businesses.
- Caregivers suffer burn-out, depression, exceptionally high levels of stress and compromised immune systems. These issues make family members susceptible to illness, using 9-1-1, clinics and the emergency room at higher rates.
We can reduce and prevent many of these costly activities by better communications, education, and personal engagement that our program has to offer.
- We need our family caregivers to be healthy and effective at caregiving. There is a shortage of caregivers already and most families cannot afford 24/7 professional care. These families are the “Sandwich Generation” that experience great financial burdens raising both their children, having full time jobs and caring for their parents/grandparents.
We give family caregivers a safe harbor, a journey guide to prepare them, and a village of friends and support. They are not alone
- Aging and frail adults want to live and die at home.
We provide tools, education and access to services that encourage Aging-In-Place.
- We are serving the underserved.
94% own a cell phone or can get one through a Federal program. We will be able to reach family caregivers through our Text4Families service to effectively engage and encourage them throughout their journey.